Friday, December 14, 2012

Tigger & Pooh Christmas


I think my new thing is EMBOSSING!  You really can't mess up.  And it helps that Mom has an enormous collection of embossing folders.   She said she has never used this one and that's just not right!  The hats are from the Cricut Holly Jolly cartridge.  I experimented with Diamond Dust and I think I put too much glue on the hat fur because the paper got all soggy LOL!   Once it dried it stiffened up again so all was good.  I used Martha Stewart fine glitter on the pom pom.  The banner tag is by Just Rite and the sentiment is a Whimsical Designs stamp.  The ribbon is American Crafts and the metal Santa hat is a brad.  I broke off the metal prong and used a really sticky glue dot to attach it to the tag.  I didn't like the way it looked and tried to remove it but that sucker is on there for life!  I have another embossing card to post, probably tomorrow.  Thanks for visiting!

Here's my two little elves.  Angelo is on the left, Domenic on the right.  Angelo goes for chemo at Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital in NYC and they have the most magnificent Christmas trees in the lobby.  We couldn't resist the photo opportunity!
Angelo is doing great and will start his LAST chemo cycle after Christmas.  The tumor is almost gone!



6 comments:

  1. Love the embossed Pooh, and that red is striking, boys are gorgeous and wow that tree, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out adorably, Melissa! It's true, I have had that folder for about 4 years and never used it. I like how you turned it into a Christmas folder :) Great job on the Diamond Dust. I'll show you a better way to do that, next time.
    Look at my babies....SO BEAUTIFUL! GO ANG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!! The embossing is fabulous and I love Pooh and Tigger's hats!! What an awesome card!! And your boys are absolutely adorable :) Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEK! ADORABLE! You could probably confiscate the majority of your Mom's stuff and she'd never know the difference. LOL xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and sooo happy to hear about Angelo's progress. Those pix are just darling. WOW, what a tree! xxD

    ReplyDelete